Customisation of hair transplants as per the patient requirement

Dear forum readers,
This is another often overlooked aspect of hair transplants.


One must spend time with the person and ask him/her what they want. This is one question I ask my patients and they are usually surprised.

Dr. A - What do you want?
Pt - Of course, I want hair. :-) 

Dr. A - I need to know 
1. what bothers you most about your hair,
2. your priorities in terms of the different areas of hairloss,
3. the sort of hairline you want
4. Depending on how much donor you have, how much do you want to use right now given your age and your family predisposition to further hairloss.

Pt - You are the doctor, I guess you are the best judge.

This is where I stop. Remember, as a hairloss sufferer and as a recipient of a hair restoration, you are the one who is going to look at the results everyday in the mirror.

To one person, the bald crown may be more bothersome while another may want a really youthful hairline even if the crown is bald or thinning.

This personal psychological aspect is something that you as a patient must communicate to your HT doctor.
Even better, see multiple results, search for a person with hairloss and hair characteristics similar to yours and the resultant transformation and point it out to your doctor that this is what you want. If it is something he feels unrealistic or not possible for you, he will say so. If not, then atleast you will look in the mirror and be able to think that ... yes, this is what I wanted (not that this is what my HT doctor thought best for me).

Regards,
Dr. A
www.fusehair.com

Facebook @DR.AClinic
Instagram @drasclinic
Twitter @DrAsClinic1
Youtube @hairtransplantcentre
blogspot @hairrestorationeducation
Tumblr @drarvindposwal

Comments

  1. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! the hair club prices

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment